Hello, and a very warm welcome back. This is going to be a review on another FBA Amazon Course.
This time it has been created by Bashar J Katou and it’s called BJK University.
If you have ever Googled fulfilled by Amazon courses you will know there is an awful lot of them!
This is one of the reasons for this review to save you a lot of time trawling through them.
The cost of this course is extortionate at a total of $9,800 wow!
These courses are growing at a fast rate of knots so it would seem.
However, that is not to say that this one works!
By the end of this post, you will know how it works and whether it is worth your time and money.
Disclaimer: I am not associated with BJK University or any other program from Bashar J Katou. If you go on to purchase it I will not be paid in any way.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you click a link and make a purchase I will receive a commission. The price you pay will not be affected.
Let’s dive in and find out if this is worth the 9K price tag?:
BJK University Overview
Program Type: FBA Amazon Course
Program Name: BJK University
Founder: Bashar J Katou
Cost Of Purchase: $3,800 for the course and $6,000 for products. You cannot join unless you have a minimum of $9,800
Is it recommended?: No.
This course contains only a few training videos that are not worth anywhere near $3,000.
The founder explains that you need to have as many products as possible and when they start selling find some more.
That is hardly news, is it?
At no point do you ever see his store that he has supposedly made thousands of Dollars with! (very suspicious)
You will have to sit through a lengthy webinar and when that is finished you are asked to take a survey to see if you’re eligible for the premium training.
In other words, if you have the available cash!
If you don’t then you cannot enter the course. (if that’s really what you can call this)
Do you want a real business that makes a passive income without having to spend 9K? Look at my number 1 recommendation.
About The Creator Bashar J Katou
Never buy any online program without checking out the creator. Doing this will make sure you don’t get scammed.
He was born in Iraq and when the war broke out in early 2006 his family fled to America. Working 120 hours a week to feed his family.
After his restaurant burned down he started the Amazon FBA business.
Bashar J Katou has a Youtube channel called BJK University that is around 3 years old and has 38.3k subscribers.
His personal Youtube channel has many more subscribers.
Bashar can also be found on Instagram where he has a massive following of 1.2 million. He posts on a regular basis on both of these platforms.
TikTok and Twitter are other places he can be found.
Looking around on Google Bashar is said to be a 7 figure Amazon seller and he also carries out speaking engagements.
I cannot say whether the amount he earns is true or not!
What Is The BJK University?
When you first come across BJK University you are led to believe that all of the training is free, However, once you dive deeper you find out that is not true.
Once you click on the webinar you have entered the funnel where you are now a captive audience.
In the conclusion, it is revealed what the business is.
All that is explained next is Bashar’s opinion on Amazon. Which is basically useless to you!
The way he works his Amazon business is no different to any other course that I have written about.
Buy products when they take off buy more rinse and repeat.
Surely that is just basically what every entrepreneur does?
The survey you have to then take makes sure you are suitable for the course by asking personal questions about your finances to see if you can afford it.
If you don’t have at least 9K you will be rejected!
BJK University Training
The training is 6 weeks long and covers:
- Mindset Training
- Tool Requirements
- Strategies and formulas
- Finding profitable products
- Negotiation and supplier management
- Purchasing, shipping, tariffs, inventory management
- Branding, private label, UPC codes
- Amazon FBA fees
- Product listings, descriptions, titles, optimization, Prime Club, etc.
- Organic reviews and negative reviews
- PPC advertising, sales funnels, incentives
- Webinars for 5 weeks
- Coaches Q&A Sessions
- Entry to the Facebook Group
Other training available:
- You should not sell products just because you personally like them. People buy products because they want to.
- Invest in products that you know will work and will not break in a short space of time.
- Make people’s lives easier by selling Items that bring convenience.
- Instead of selling complex products like electronics where a lot can go wrong, start beginners off with pet supplies and baby items.
- A sponsored listing can bring your product to the top of search results if you find a product with high-profit margins and people want to buy it. Once you have paid the fees, it still needs to be making a profit.
- The more competitive a product becomes, the higher its startup costs.
- Even if a product is perfect right now, remember that someone else may sell it for half the price before you run out of stock.
Does The Amazon FBA Business Model Work?
Yes, it does but it only seems suitable for some people. Many others try and fail at it.
The main reasons for failure are:
1. Not enough capital to start off with Bashar says 6K I say closer to 15k.
2. You need to pay for the stock.
3. Payout for advertising to get your products onto page 1 for the best engagement.
4. Shipping and handling costs. 10%
5. Pay Amazon for warehouse storage and shipping fees these cost you 15% of each sale.
6. Subscription for Amazon Professional account $39.99 per month and Helium 10. Prices range from $39 per month to $249 just for H10.
7. You will also need barcodes: Barcode Mania (barcodemania.com) costs $4.99 for one code, $10.00 for five codes, and $15.00 for ten codes.
1 unique barcode is needed for every product you sell.
8. A logo. You can design one in Canva or pay somebody to make you one. Anything up to $100.
9. You need photos of the products in order to be able to list them. Take them yourself if you have the skills or pay for them.
$100 per product you promote.
I would recommend an easier business model of affiliate marketing. Much easier to make a passive income from!
The Pros Of BJK University
I researched for a few hours and I simply could not find a pro for this supposed training.
The Cons Of BJK University
1. The refund policy is only for 3 days and it only applies if you don’t cover 30% of the course. (seriously. That’s as bad as not having one!)
2. With all of the free videos available on Youtube for Amazon FBA. Why would anyone spend $3,800? very expensive and not worth the money.
3. Tons of complaints. Regarding the actual training and saying they didn’t really learn anything new and not worth the money spent.
4. No mentoring was also another complaint.
Is BJK University A Scam?
No, BJK University is not a scam.
It is just a course that costs a lot of money for the training and that is not where the paying out ends.
You are going to need at least 15k to even think about running this type of operation.
There are successful Amazon FBA business owners out there. But it only seems to work for 1 in 50 people.
I would not take those odds!
Every week they hold a question and answer session where they expect you to sit for up to 3 hours to see if your question will get answered.
Some people said they waited and when it was their turn they couldn’t understand the answer!
Do I recommend This To My readers?
Only if you can comfortably afford to lose thousands of dollars.
If you can’t afford to lose the money then stay away from this very competitive business model, because it is very hard to make money with.
Don’t fall for the marketing tactic only a couple of spots are left.
Final Thoughts On BJK University
Now we are at the end of this review I hope it has opened your eyes to just how much money is involved in starting this business.
For something that offers no support or expert help available from the creator or his team, I would expect a lot more for the cost of the purchase!
Another thing to think about is how long is it going to take before you make any sales with this business model?
Let me know in the comments if you agree?
A Better Business Model For You
You could technically buy this course and have success you may be one of the lucky ones.
Is that a risk you are prepared to take?
I have worked online for the past 2 years and created my own online business using affiliate marketing because it is one of the best businesses to run.
Especially for those who are new to online business as you don’t need any skills and it doesn’t need capital to get started with.
There are many ways to start an affiliate marketing business based solely on free traffic generation.
One of those ways is by starting a blog like this one where you share your knowledge and passion about a specific subject.
We call this a niche and it could be anything you want to write about!
All you have to do is choose a subject, create a website, get free traffic by posting blog posts on your site, and share affiliate links with your visitors to earn commissions.
you can also create a Youtube channel and make videos all day.
This is how I have gone from working a job to doing affiliate marketing full-time and I want to show you how you too can do the same!
All of the tools you need can be found inside Wealthy Affiliate, It has been around teaching entrepreneurs for more than 16 years.
Can You Make Money With Wealthy Affiliate?
A fellow member made $7,395 in 7 days at the age of 21!
There are over 1.5 million entrepreneurs inside who have taken the decision to work online and there are a ton of success stories that you can access.
It is free to join. You can upgrade to premium or premium+ if you are serious about starting a real business of your own!
I will see you on the inside to welcome you and help you to get started! 🙂
Lisa. Founder and CEO Of mistakesbloggersmake.com