Hello and a very warm welcome back. Today I’m going to do a review on the Aweber Email Marketing Software.
As a blogger or online business owner there comes a point when you will need this tool and I needed it straight away, You should check out the free plan.
Aweber has been around for many years, in fact, I was surprised to learn that it was founded in 1998.
It is a very popular tool being used by over 1 million customers.
Growing your email list by offering ebooks, courses or printables are things that have been happening for many a year and we need a place to hold the list, hence the need for an autoresponder like Aweber.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click through a link and make a purchase I will receive a commission. The price you pay will not be affected.
What Is Aweber?
Aweber is a tool that allows you to collect and store emails.
- You can create mailing lists and add data onto it
- It also allows you to design your own newsletters that can be sent to the subscribers on your list
- Using this tool allows you automate your email marketing via the use of ‘autoresponders’
- You can also view and analyse statistics related to your email marketing campaigns such as open rates, and unsubscribers.
What Do You Get With Aweber?
- The ability to import and host a mailing list is a very useful feature that not all others offer you.
- Responsive email template designs
- Companies like Getresponse offer you 220 newsletter templates, Aweber gives you 700 not only do you get more choice but they also resize themselves for different devices.
- Autoresponder features are a key part of what email marketing services are.
- This is a series of follow-up emails that are triggered automatically by either an action or are time delay. These could be:
- As soon as somebody joins your mailing list, they will receive a welcome email.
- A few days later you can send them a promotional code.
- 2 weeks or so later you invite them to visit your Facebook page and follow you on social media.
- This saves you a lot of time and is easy to set up follow-up emails with AWeber. The options to trigger autoresponders are limited, compared with other providers like MailChimp.
- Different Opt-in options, you can choose to have a single or double opt-in.
- Options available for split testing to different sections of your list.
- Data segmentation means you can send different emails to different segments of your list by using tags.
- Awesome Landing Page Builder this is usually a form of some description to collect email addresses
- The Customer Support from Aweber offers outstanding service, you can speak in the live chat, phone, or email them.
How Much Does Aweber Cost?
Aweber has 2 plans, free and paid.
The Free Plan: This completely free version of AWeber is something you should look at because it is now available to those with a mailing list that is less than 500 subscribers and has certain restrictions.
This is the perfect plan for somebody who is just getting started with building a list. Once you reach 500 subscribers, you can upgrade to a paid plan.
The Pro plans different prices for hosting and emailing a list is as follows:
- Up to 500 subscribers costs: $19.99 per month
- 501 to 2,500 subscribers costs: $29.99 per month
- 2,501 to 5,000 subscribers costs: $49.99 per month
- 5,001 to 10,000 subscribers costs: $69.99 per month
- 10,001 to 25,000 subscribers costs: $149.99 per month
- For more than 25,000+ subscribers on your mailing list, you will need to contact AWeber for a quote.
It is very important to remove redundant subscribers from your list so that it doesn’t cost you unnecessary money.
Aweber also offer discounts on different payment methods:
- Pay quarterly: 14% discount applied
- Pay yearly: 14.9% discount applied
- Discounts are also available for students and non-profit organizations.
Is Aweber More Or Less Money Than Other Providers?
When comparing prices you need to where possible compare like for like and that’s not always possible to do.
- AWeber is more expensive than Mad Mini for example but Aweber gives you many more features.
- GetResponse is slightly cheaper than Aweber.
- Mailchimp costs around the same amount.
- A lot cheaper than both Campaign Monitor and iContact.
Price-wise, AWeber is pretty much in the middle of the spectrum of what email marketing services cost.
They all have a free trial period, but then you need to upgrade to continue using their services after the trial period.
What You Get With The Free Plan
- Signing up for an AWeber account is quick and easy. All you need is your name and email address to join.
- Everyone gets access to the free migration services. If you have an existing email service you can transfer it to any of the AWeber plans and AWeber will do the migration for free.
- You will have access to beautiful landing pages and content creation. All AWeber users have access to message editor, landing page builder, sign up form builder or have the Smart Designer technology to build awesome looking templates.
- Unlimited email automation and no restrictions on the capabilities of any version of AWeber email automation. Everyone can use the entire campaign builder and the message editor to create unlimited campaigns. This enables you to email more efficiently.
- Everyone has full access to customer services. All users have access via telephone, email and live chat to the customer solutions team.
What You Get With The Paid Plan
- Unlimited lists and an unlimited amount of emails that you can send.
- You are able to create custom messages for segments in your audience so you can send targeted messages. Doing this means you can appeal to the specific interests and needs of different people on your list.
- You can improve your open rates by learning who is opening your emails, and what they are clicking on, and how your list is growing. This means you can do split testing on variations of your sign up forms, subject lines and emails.
- Trigger an automated campaign when somebody abandons a shopping cart. Send personalized messages based on the website pages that your subscribers visit, what they clicked on and what they purchased.
- Track sales and website traffic. See which website pages your subscribers visit and track when they buy a product or service.
What I like about AWeber
AWeber provides not only the tools but also the knowledge and customer service to send the right messages to your customers, at the right time.
These are some of the benefits of AWeber, in terms of what an email marketing platform provides that simplifies email marketing:
Emails and landing pages that look awesome are automatically created.
An Artificial Intelligence-powered email template designer, called Smart Designer, is used to create specially branded emails in seconds.
You also have access to a free template library.
Here you can create automated emails and campaigns that you can personalize, and thereby optimizing your email marketing efforts.
With the segmentation and email automation features, sending out targeted emails at the right time is possible. For example, new subscribers can automatically get a welcome email.
Tagging, as well as segmentation, can be used to send out more targeted and relevant messages to specific groups of customers.
AWeber delivers emails themselves and does not outsource them, meaning it gets into the inbox and not the spam folder.
Pre-built analytics and reporting – pre-built reports mean you get mobile reports and data that matters to you, giving you more insights into the performance of your emails and what the email marketing campaigns are achieving.
Easy subscriber management enables you to categorize and manage the people on your list so that you can easily and quickly email those that will respond to your offers.
Through the native integration feature, you can add other systems, such as PayPal, Shopify, Etsy, WooCommerce, Facebook etc.
What I Don’t Like About Aweber
The only thing I don’t like about AWeber is the fact that you are charged to host unsubscribed contacts in your account.
(TIP: If you remove the unsubscribe you won’t be charged!)
I have used a few different autoresponders and finally settled on Aweber because it offers a lot more options than other similar autoresponders.
You can see the advantages by taking a look.
It is not the cheapest one around but it has all of the features that I need to be able to send out emails that actually get opened on a regular basis.
Aweber is a very popular choice because it does 90% of the work for you.
Related Post: If you have not yet built your website you can do that for free! Did you know that?
Thanks very much for your continued support.
If you got any value from this post then can you please share it? Thank you.
Lisa. Founder and CEO of mistakesbloggersmake.com