Hello and a very warm welcome back. Today’s review is about a company that has done something rather unusual. The company is called SeedChange and it has taken the name of a legitimate company.
Now we don’t see this sort of thing very often do we!
This company has done an elaborate job of cloning the real company and that’s why a lot of people invested in it only to find out when it was too late that it was not all that it seemed to be!
A major problem is that companies like this get away with it.
SeedChange actively creates fake companies for you to invest in.
Disclaimer. I am not associated or affiliated in any way with SeedChange. If you decide to invest in this program I will not receive compensation of any kind.
It’s great to see you here doing your due diligence before parting with your hard-earned cash. There are so many scams around that you need to be careful of.
This post contains affiliate links and if you click through and make a purchase I will receive a commission. The price you pay will not be affected. (the links are nothing to do with the SeedChange program)
There are legitimate opportunity’s around where you can make money working online.
Let’s dive in and learn more about SeedChange.
Product Name: SeedChange
Founder: Curtis French (apparently)
Product Type: Investment Opportunity
Website: Scinvesting.com (first registered 2014)
Price: $100 minimum investment
Best For: The answer will be revealed at the end. Probably not recommended.
What Is SeedChange?
Upon visiting the company website they say they are, an investment opportunity where you can join and earn a promised return on your investment (ROI) and they also claim that they are “registered with the SEC in the USA”.
Let us continue to the next section and see if that is indeed true or not?
Always Check Out The Owner
If you are going to invest money into any online adventure then the advice I always give is to check out the founder/s.
Can you find them anywhere else on the internet ie: Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
In this case, Curtis French is labelled as the Co-Founder and CEO of the company but I could not find any information about Curtis online in any of the obvious places.
Red flags are appearing and that’s not even the biggest one yet!
Check this out:
Carrying out a Google search leads us to a California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation warning about SeedChange, stating that the company is using the company name, logo, and other information of another company that used to run SeedChange.
In plain terms, the SeedChange that is active now is an imposter and is using the SeedChange Execution Services image of a previously legitimate investment company. Hence why they’re in violation of Californian law.
What Products Do SeedChange Offer?
The company does not offer any products or services within SeedChange’s income opportunity. All you are investing in is the promise that you will receive an ROI from the referral program.
How Does The Compensation Plan Work?
You have 2 ways to earn from this (supposedly) Each company requires its own investment:
- Auric Energy, You need to invest a minimum of $100 to participate. You will earn 0.5% a day for a total of 285 days for this investment package.
- JMW Farms, You need to invest a minimum of $200 to participate. You will earn 0.5% a day for a total of 290 days for this investment package.
- Serene Fishing Company, You need to invest a minimum of $2000 to participate. You will earn 0.6% a day for a total of 255 days for this investment package.
- XT Energy, You need to invest a minimum of $5000 to participate. You will earn 0.7% a day for a total of 230 days for this investment package.
- Energeotek, You need to invest a minimum of $8000 to participate. You will earn 1% a day for a total of 170 days for this investment package.
- Legacy Measurement Solutions, You need to invest a minimum of $10,000 to participate. You will earn 1.1% a day for a total of 165 days for this investment package.
- St. Nicholas Court Farms, You need to invest a minimum of $18,000 to participate. You will earn 1.3% a day for a total of 147 days for this investment package.
- Lakes Oil NL, You need to invest a minimum of $20,000 to participate. You will earn 1.3% a day for a total of 143 days for this investment package.
- Tempus Applied Solutions, You need to invest a minimum of $30,000 to participate. You will earn 1.5% a day for a total of 147 days for this investment package.
- Brightrock Gold Corporation, You need to invest a minimum of $50,000 to participate. You will earn 1.8% a day for a total of 155 days for this investment package.
NOTE: Not all of these companies are still active. SeedChange copied these websites and re-registered the domains on different dates in 2020.
(The original company called SeedChange Execution Services shows a last public report that was recorded back in June 2019, showing losses of $145,975 for the year ended March 31 2019.)
In other words, you are being tricked by the owners of the SeedChange.
By making you think you’re investing in these new companies that are copied from actual legitimate companies that existed in different parts of the world.
The Referral Commission Structure
The program offers a 2 level referral pay plan that is paid and tracked using the uni-level compensation plan.
For those that are not familiar with how the Unilever system works, here is a quick rundown:
- Level 1 will only consist of your personally recruited members.
- Level 2 will only have your team members that your level 1 members personally recruited.
SeedChange only pays out on 2 levels.
Here is a breakdown of what the commission structure looks like:
- The first level pays out 7% of the investments made from your personally recruited members.
- The second level pays out 3% on your level 2 members.
How Much Does It Cost To Join SeedChange?
The minimum investment needed to join SeedChange is $100 this enables you to become an affiliate member and earn from the promised ROI.
You do also have the ability to register for free and refer people through your affiliate link, but you can only earn from the referral commissions and not from the promised ROI profits if you go that route.
Is SeedChange A Scam?
In my opinion, they are practising deception by leading you to believe that you are investing in legitimate companies and that is simply not true.
Would you term that be the definition of a scam? (leave your answer in the comments box)
Other mitigating factors include:
- No products or services to sell.
- California has issued a violation against this company.
- The ownership seems to be totally fake and they are using the info from a previously failing investment company on their company website.
- The use of false information that this company is claiming to use legit investment companies to provide the profit for their promised ROI
- The profits that are accrued for the company’s promised ROI appear to only be generated through new member investments as there is no proof of it coming from elsewhere.
- Another worrying factor is the fake companies are copies of legitimate companies that are still in operation to this day.
- SeedChange is a Ponzi scheme unlike any other that I have ever come across.
How I Earn A Living Online
I have a real determination to work hard at any job I do and through that hard work, I have managed to give up the day job That I hated and work online full-time doing blogging and affiliate marketing.
Why Did I choose Affiliate Marketing?
It’s free to start with Wealthy Affiliate. You can read my review including the pros and cons.
You get step-by-step training on building your own website as well as learning how to become an affiliate marketer.
The Site Support is available 24 hrs a day 7 days a week 365 days a year.
Over 1 million community members to answer your questions if you get stuck as well as access to the super-affiliates.
You don’t need any specific skills to get started with this program.
I did not go to college.
It is not an MLM or a Pyramid scheme.
I had no previous experience with Affiliate Marketing and I still managed to quit my day job.
No credit card details are required to get started.
Thank you very much for your support!
If you have a question please leave it in the box below and I will be very happy to answer it for you.
Did you receive value from this review? If you did can you share it to help others using the sharing buttons? Many thanks.
Lisa. Founder and CEO of mistakesbloggersmake.com