Hello, my friend and a very warm welcome back. Have you been thinking about becoming an affiliate marketer? but you feel there are so many doing it that you won’t be able to stand out and make money?
To be fair that is a valid question to have as there are millions of affiliate marketers around! However, there are certain steps you can take to stand out from the crowd and make money and not just a little but a life-changing amount.
This post will cover 7 tips that will place you front and centre in peoples minds and in top positions in the search engines.
- Don’t have all of your eggs in one traffic source
- Make sure your site is built for speed
- Answer the Questions in a timely manner
- Create content that attracts visitors
- Choose A Niche that doesn’t have millions of competitors
- Invest in yourself and your business
- Learn The art of promotion
Without further ado let’s dive in and cover these points in more detail:
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click a link and make a purchase I will receive a commission. The price you pay will not be affected.
1. Don’t Have All Of Your Eggs In 1 Traffic Source
Affiliate Marketing is just like any other business. In order to succeed you should have more than 1 stream of income. That makes sense right? You know the saying “don’t keep all of your eggs in one basket” well the same principle applies here If you drop the basket they all break!
You should have lots of different streams of money sources for example:
I am a blogger so the streams of income I have are as follows:
- A Website Host
- A Blog Theme
- Keyword Research Tools
- Caching PlugIn For Site Speed
- WordPress Security Plugin
- Social Media Courses
- Scheduling Tools
- Grammarly for proofreading, spelling, punctuation, grammar, and plagiarism.
These are all used to keep my blog running smoothly and they are only the beginning. More information about these affiliate programs can be found on the Resources Page.
The other sources will be dependant on your niche selection and they can be found by typing in your niche + affiliate program into Google.
2. Make Sure Your Site Is Built For Speed
The biggest turn off for any visitor to your site is it takes forever to load! People will not wait as they lead busy lives and that makes them impatient!
You can combat this issue by doing 2 simple things:
1. Choose a very responsive theme. Do some research before making a final decision as there are a lot to choose from. Personally, I use Generate Press because it is super lightweight and easy to navigate as well as being able to make different styles with it!
2. Use a plugin that speeds everything up. As your site grows it will have more images and that will slow it down so it will need some help. WP Rocket is super efficient for that job!
3. Answer Questions In A Timely Manner
When a visitor comes to your website it is in response to a question that they have typed into the search engine. Some people make the mistake of answering their questions at the end of the post. Don’t Do That!
Most people will not get to the end. Answer the question where possible in the first 300 words written.
I know you are thinking but they won’t read the rest so what is the point in writing more?
The reason is you are building a rapport and trust with the reader and by answering their question in a timely manner they will be more likely to be intrigued to read on.
Think about what you do when landing on a blog post?
If my question doesn’t get answered I get bored very quickly and go back in search of the answer and I’m sure you do the same? However, if they answer the question upfront I am 90% more likely to keep reading to see what other questions the post will answer.
Doing this will make you stand out from the crowd for sure because most people fail at it!
4. Create Content That Attracts Visitors
To create content that attracts visitors has many facets that you need to consider for example:
1. Your blog title has to catch attention and one of the best ways to do that is by using a keyword research tool in order to see what queries are being looked for.
2. Create posts that are relevant to the search term being sought.
3. Make sure your articles are in-depth this could mean your post is 2,000 + That can be daunting when starting out but Google will love you for it and rank you higher in the search.
4. I know I said this above but you need to make sure the most important points of your post are at the top. Studies conducted on blog readers show people spend 80% of their time at the top of your post and only a paltry 20% on the rest.
5. An underutilized way to stand out is to use guest bloggers on your site and to guest blog on other sites. This method attracts readers from other bloggers and therefore gives you a wider audience.
5. Choose A Niche That Doesn’t Have Millions Of Competitors
Don’t get the wrong idea here competition is healthy, but when you are choosing a niche competition can also be the enemy!
Niches come in different categories they can be very broad as well as very narrowed down known as a micro-niche.
It is possible to find loopholes in niches that have untapped potential.
Let’s explore this concept further:
Firstly you love everything to do with makeup, you understand all there is to know about it and you want to work with this as your niche. Makeup is an evergreen niche and will never go out of fashion so it’s a good choice, you can find lots of self makeup tutorials so you know it is popular.
You can break this niche down into smaller sections by specializing in certain aspects. How about selling online courses on how to do artistic makeup for shows, or how to do wedding makeup for a bridal party, or even specialized makeup for certain skin colours such as people with dark skin for instance.
As you can see it is possible to stand out as an Affiliate among more experienced people in the makeup business!
This specific tip is useful to any niche you choose. All that is needed is to think about something more specialized that people have been looking for and can’t find easily.
6. Invest In Yourself And Your Business
The majority of the world’s population go to school because education is very important and Investing in you and your business is equally so!
Standing out in business requires you to look professional and authoritative this is hard to do when you go the free route.
There are hundreds of tutorials on any subject you can imagine on Youtube and yes you can use these resources. I do and so do many other bloggers, But there comes a point when you need expert advice and training to take you to the next level.
The training I went through is one of the best around it caters for anything to do with blogging and affiliate marketing. It includes hosting, free domains, support, a supportive community of over 1 million people, coaching, training, and many other things besides. You can join for free to check it out and upgrade to 1 of 2 levels for a set fee each year.
Here are a few reasons why investing is important:
- If you spend money on your business you yourself will take it more seriously and put more effort into it succeeding.
- There will be more growth if it looks the part.
- It will save you time in the long run.
- Paying for something on a yearly basis provides more commitment and less stress.
- “You have to speculate to accumulate”
7. Learn The Art Of Promotion
We have learned about writing content and getting everything set up now we need visitors otherwise known as traffic. To gain them we need to learn how to promote our posts.
Promotion can come in many forms a few are free and some are paid for let’s look at the free first:
Search engine optimization (SEO for short) Learning how to optimize your posts will get you a higher ranking in the search engines which will ensure you get more traffic. Don’t skip this and think I will do it later because you will regret it!
Email collection having an offer on your site whether it’s for a free ebook or something with a small payment attached will help you to collect email addresses. These will become very important when you wish to promote something to a large focused audience.
Use Social Media you can share all of your content on social media platforms for free so use the facilities provided. This is simple to do by adding a free plugin to your site. I use Sassy Social Share but there are many others.
If you wish to gain authority quickly and you have a budget each month to spend you can go for paid advertising this can be achieved using the search engines Google, Bing, and Yahoo for example or by running ads on your social media platforms.
A word of warning I don’t recommend that you buy solo ads. Especially as a beginner because you have no idea where the traffic is coming from and it could potentially be very expensive for no return.
With the other paid ads mentioned, you have lots of choices of a target audience specifically of your choosing which gives you a better success rate.
Now we have covered the most important points of standing out from the crowd as a new Affiliate Marketer You can see that it is possible to do and it’s actually not that difficult is it?
The best way to look at competition is to know that it means a product, service, or offer is something that people are searching for and is popular.
Thanks for supporting me to the end of this post I appreciate your time.
Have a question for me then please leave it in the comments below and I will get back to you as soon as humanly possible.
What is your favourite tip?
Did you get value from this post? If you did then please share it to help others using the social media buttons provided. Thank you.
Follow me on Pinterest or join my email list for more awesome tips!
Lisa. Founder and CEO of mistakesbloggersmake.com