Hello and a very warm welcome back. Today I’m going to share with you some Essential Blogging Tips that will bring you massive success and put your blog on the map to success.
Firstly I wish to congratulate you on taking the steps to get your blog up and running I know it’s a big step to take! I bit the bullet back in 2020.
My dreams have started to come true. I fired my boss this year and it was an awesome feeling as well as being a bit scary 🙂
Without a doubt, it’s the best move I have ever made. I love being my own boss!
Let’s dive right in and get sharing these crucial tips we need for success to come to our hard work:
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I am an affiliate marketer, which means that I may earn a commission by your clicking on certain links on my site at no additional costs to you.
Beginner Blogging Tips For Success
As a beginner blogger, there is much to learn as well as having big expectations. Did you know the expectations are what kills a lot of blogs?
People put too much pressure on themselves to succeed and when they don’t see results straight away they go into a downward spiral and quit!
Keep these tips in mind to keep you on the right track:
- Earning money with your blog takes a lot longer than most people think. This is a marathon, not a 100-metre dash.
- There is a lot more work to blogging than is imagined and the right tools and training are essential.
- A successful blog in any niche doesn’t have a one size fits all criteria.
Having the right frame of mind and managing your expectations properly, will give you way more direction on where to go from here.
Have you carried out these checks?
- Do you have your content planned out so that you know what you are writing and when? Doing this helps you to stay consistent.
- Consistency and perseverance are paramount
- Have you started your blog properly?
- You must have a self-hosted blog otherwise you will not be able to make money from it!
As long as you have all of these points in place you will be good to go to start creating content and learning and growing. Learning is a never-ending process regardless of age.
I’m nearly 53 and I learn something new every day!
By the way, if you haven’t already read this related post you should do so after this one. How To grow your blog traffic.
Things you must know about blogging:
1. Content is the be-all and end-all of everything!
2. SEO is something every blogger needs to learn as soon as possible.
3. Traffic all blogs need traffic and you need ways to keep growing it.
A great free plugin you can use to help you to improve your SEO score is called all-in-one-Seo. It will also help with your titles.
Beginner Blogging Tips: Traffic
As a blogger, you simply cannot make money without traffic and plenty of it as it’s a numbers game.
Seo is a must but it is a long game and can take up to 6 months for Google to start ranking you and sending the much-needed traffic.
My best solution for you in this regard is to use Pinterest as this will get you traffic fast if you utilize it correctly:
- Set up a Pinterest business account not a personal account
- Create 15 boards (to begin with) that are related to your niche
- Create pins for all your content and pin them to relevant boards regularly
- Pin other people’s pins to the relevant boards
- Follow people and start working to get followers straight away
- Download Tailwind (you get a month for free to try it, but you should sign up and use this magic tool)
- Set up your tailwind publisher to schedule at least 20 pins a day of your content (follow their guidelines to avoid spamming Pinterest)
You can obtain masses of traffic to your blog from Pinterest without a big following, but it takes a bit more legwork. The bigger the following you have, the easier it is to get your pins seen and shared.
Beginner Blogging Tips: Content
You may have read that it is possible to “speed write” your content, chuck it out there, and the traffic will just come pouring in to read it.
Don’t fall for that BS. That’s not how blogging works at all.
The real honest truth is that your content HAS to be thorough, well-written, and SEO friendly.
Before you even think of hitting the publish button, you need to:
- Research your topic ( to see if it is in demand?)
- Thoroughly Research your keywords
- Create a keyword outline in a word document
- Put 1000% effort into your content every single time.
- There are no shortcuts with content
- Always check your posts for plagiarism
Beginner Blogging Tips: SEO
SEO is otherwise known as Search Engine Optimization and it’s responsible for bringing you free traffic from the search engines.
The best advice I can give you as a new blogger is to not get too stressed out over SEO. The place I learned all about SEO techniques is the video training inside the Wealthy Affiliate University.
It may be a long slow burn but it is absolutely essential for you to learn SEO asap. Not only for your blog but also for your Pinterest account.
You must use SEO in your pin titles, board titles, board descriptions, and pin descriptions.
That’s a wrap for today. We have covered the tips to make your blog a raging success that will change your life forever for the better.
I appreciate you supporting me to the end of this post.
If you have any questions leave them in the comments box below and I will be happy to answer them for you.
Was this valuable information for you? If you have answered yes then I would appreciate you sharing this post to help others using the sharing buttons provided.
Lisa. Founder and CEO of mistakesbloggersmake.com